What Is Online Reputation Management?
Here Are 5 Fast Facts You Need To Know
The personal feedback you receive from customers is important, but your online reputation might be the most valuable asset of your business. Online feedback can reach far and wide, which is why online reputation management (ORM) is crucial to growing your business.
Unfortunately, managing your online reputation isn’t always easy, and you don’t always have complete control over what appears about your business on the internet. Sometimes, a few damaging reviews are all it takes to tarnish your online reputation. That’s why understanding how to manage the information being shared and spread about your business is so important. Here are some important things to know.
- The goal isn’t to erase negative feedback your business has received online. In fact, it’s more valuable to focus your ORM attentions on increasing positive feedback and discussion around your business than to try and squash negative information.
- There is one major way to significantly improve your online reputation: Building a consistent and reliable base of customer reviews — whether that be through social media, the major review sites, or through a platform like eEndorsements.
- ORM isn’t just about getting those positive reviews: It’s about promoting them. The eEndorsements platform, for example, helps you automate your reputation management according to your specifications. Simply put, there’s no easier or faster way to strengthen your ORM strategy.
- When it comes to ORM, transparency is key. Providing customers with a 1-to-1 communication channel, asking for constructive feedback, and addressing criticism publicly ensure that your business will remain totally transparent and therefore keep your customers’ trust.
- Asking for help with your ORM is not a waste of time. Considering the fact that your online reputation is an integral part of keeping your business growing, reaching out to companies and platforms with this specific expertise is a wise investment of your time, resources, and energy.