Quite evident from the present scenario is the state of online reputation management among the range of businesses. Some businesses are at a halt and few are still making money. It is understandable that following COVID19, online networking platforms can gain more popularity. People around the world will resort to online platforms to expand and promote. This also paves the way for misusing these available platforms to circulate news or fake information like a fire.
To curb the world from irrelevant or frightening news, Google for that matter also disabled the feature of posting online reviews amid COVID19 to maintain online reputation and protect other brands as well.
- In addition to that, studies reported that all of the online review portals, Google My Business is the most sought after portal to look for reviews or promote a brand. Other sites like Yelp, TripAdvisor, and Facebook to follow.
- Reading between the lines and gaining insights on the reviews or feedbacks received came out to be a pivotal strategy to refine the marketing strategy and introduce novel ideas.
- Experts revealed the significance of managing online reputation on the sites in your vertical. For instance, your own website for that matter, Yahoo, WebMD for healthcare, etc.
- Keep an eye on the changing trends or the latest updates. Online review portals like Google and giant retailers like Amazon have a Q&A section where people can ask questions to look for answers. It’s better than brands have dedicated teams to answer before getting trapped in by an anonymous answer.
- Understand the importance of recency of reviews. Consumers quickly build an impression on the recent reviews regardless of the quantity of reviews. This can be good news and bad news. Good news if the older reviews were negative but with time you improved and received positive feedbacks. Bad news that regardless of the quantity of the feedbacks and whether they are positive or negative, if the recent ones especially the first five are negatives, chances are you are losing the potential consumer.
What still holds significance is how brands respond to online reviews as the responses grab the attention of the consumers quickly. It is important because it validates and builds the consumers trust in your brand. learn more about how the sentiment analysis works.
- Another important factor that experts think require attention is utilizing the online reviews to drive clients to calls, leads, or bragging about their brand. Experts say that brands should potentially exploit the online reviews to maximize their reach in the market.
- Lastly, the need to control spam and fake reviews is required.